Have a route question? FAQ's »
News for March 2017Mountain Rides is seeking an outstanding candidate to lead our Operations department. Check out the employment page for more information.
Check out our Real Time bus map:
Check the box for the route you would like to see.
Click here to view the Mountain Rides Five Year Strategic Plan.
Mountain Rides Transportation Authority
Passenger Code of Conduct
1. Passenger shall comply with all applicable laws and ordinances; obey the law;
2. Passengers shall be courteous to and respectful of other passengers and the driver and behave in a way that does not cause a safety hazard or personal interference to others;
3. Passengers shall only bring items on the bus that are small personal items that do not represent a safety hazard to themselves, other passengers, the driver or the general public. Depending on space available and at the discretion of the driver,passengers are permitted to bring skis, poles, snowboards and, from time to time, bicycles on board the bus;
4. Passengers shall respect MRTA property and shall not interfere with transit operations;
5. Passengers shall only bring animals on board a transit vehicle that are service animals (those trained to assist with a disability) or are in an enclosed carrier. Passengers shall clean up after any animal on MRTA property;
6. Passengers shall not distract the driver while the bus is in motion;
7. Passengers shall stand in back of the standee line while the bus is in motion;
8. Passengers shall refrain from biking, skating or rollerblading on MRTA property;
9. Passengers shall refrain from using tobacco products, including e-cigarettes on Mountain Rides property and at bus stops;
10. Passengers shall keep our buses and facilities clean and shall discard litter in designated receptacles;
11. Passengers shall only consume non-alcoholic beverages from spill-proof, covered containers on MRTA vehicles and shall not eat on MRTA vehicles;
12. Passengers shall park on MRTA property for no more than 18 hours at a time and only for the purpose of accessing MRTA services;
13. Passengers shall yield their seat for senior citizens, those in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility or mobility assistance devices;
14. Passengers shall wear appropriate clothing and shoes at all times while on MRTA vehicles or properties, unless medical accommodation is necessary;
15. Passengers shall only use MRTA properties and vehicles for personal use and shall not engage in commercial, solicitation, or promotional activities;
16. Passengers shall pay the fare which is appropriate for them or shall present a valid, MRTA issued pass.
Any person who fails to follow this Code of Conduct may be ordered to leave or otherwise be restricted or excluded in the use of MRTA vehicles, facilities, or properties, which shall be referred to as a Notice of Exclusion. The Notice of Exclusion is immediately effective upon delivery, and may take the form of a verbal or written notice. Failure to immediately comply with such a removal or exclusion order may be grounds for prosecution for criminal trespass and/or unlawful transit conduct.